Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I need a 3rd Arm and Hand

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:19:47 -0800, John Robertson
wrote:

Hmm, voice control would be a fun option... "Siri, pass me the soldering
iron please?"

An acquaintance has Parkinson's. His hands shake rather badly.
Someone built him a pair of robot arms for manipulating things. The
input devices are two large joysticks and some big buttons. The
computer is programmed to ignore high frequency shaking and sudden
moves, and only respond to low frequency, slow movements, which
removes most of the shaking. I found it rather tricky to use, but
suspect that I could learn with a little practice.

I think you'll find that the joystick or virtual reality glove are
better ways to do this. As I recall, it's called a "Waldo".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_manipulator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldo_(short_story)
The modern Waldo is the Da Vinci robotic surgery machine:
https://www.google.com/search?q=da+Vinci+Surgical+System&tbm=isch

Your link didn't work for me so I tried this:
https://www.robotshop.com/en/catalog...nce&dir =desc

Oops and thanks. The link worked on my home machine but now that I'm
in my palatial office, it doesn't. Magic, I guess.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D