Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Avery Berkel scales question

On 10/02/2019 17:39, ss wrote:
I have a set of the above scales (see image)
Does anyone have any knowledge of them as I would like to disconnect the
top part, the small display unit. I can get it off ok and it is
connected by a similar connector to a telephone connection, the problem
is though when I disconnect it the main weighing display on the actual
scales then dont work.
Being ex post office I suspect the 2 displays were electronically
connected so customer and staff could both see the weight.
I dont have sufficient knowledge to mess too much with them so only
asking in case there is an easy fix.

https://imgur.com/a/x4wMw6t

Have you tried googling with the model number for a service manual?

It is hardly surprising that the two displays are connected. I
understand that you might want to move the upper display for some sort
of access reasons, but it is almost certainly easier to leave it
electrically connected and tuck it somewhere out of the way.