Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Another Smart meter grumble

"critcher" wrote in message
On 09/02/2019 20:55, Rod Speed wrote:

"David" wrote in message
I've booked my install because it is a requirement for the tariff I am
on.

Nearly at the end they ask if you want information collecting every 30
minutes, weekly or monthly (IIRC).

Well, if I'm going to get any value at all I might as well have enough
data to see daily trends.

Hang on, if I ask for 30 minute data capture I have to agree to EDF
using
the information to offer me services to improve my energy usage. So
reversing the privacy options that I have selected.

I'm having data collected monthly.

Remind me again how this Smart meter is going to save me money?

You wont have to pay the wages of the meter reader in what they
charge you for the electricity they supply you and if you are on a
time of use tariff as you likely are if the smartmeter is required for
you to have that tariff, you save by being able to time your higher
loads like washing machine and dishwasher runs when the
electricity is cheaper.

and you really believe the company will lower their charges to take
account of no meter reader.

Corse they do in a very competitive environment like that
when some have such low rates that they go broke.

LED lights were supposed to save money, but the company just put up their
tariffs to compensate for their loss.

Bull****. Lights are **** all of most bills.