Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'greendream'

On 2/10/2019 7:44 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 10:18:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 15:38:45 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 02/09/2019 08:35 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
The medical schools only let in so many people each year to be doctors
and nurses. I remember when the machines to 'blast' the kindey stones
first came out. They would not let the local hospital have one because
it would make the treatment cost come down due to competition.

It varies by the state but the nurse practitioners have been lobbying to
be allowed to practice independently across the board and that's meeting
resistance. I have a yearly wellness physical coming up and a NP
certainly could handle that. In fact, when my doctor was on maternity
leave, the NP did. Still, many states require that they are under the
supervision of a doctor.

I have a new "Doctor" and I have had 3 visits without ever even seeing
the guy. Two techs are all I have ever seen. For all I know this is a
weekend at Bernie's thing, he died a year ago and they are still
cashing his checks.
I have actually heard this is not unusual.
The other doctor who used to at least come in and look at you for a
minute is a "Concierge" now and you have to pay him to join his club.

That's what our doctor did. My husband (who really likes the guy and
who consumes what seems like a lot of medical services) is joining
the club. I'm finding a new doctor. I can't remember the last time
I had something that needed anything more than a Physician's Assistant.

Cindy Hamilton

We quit ours too when he went concierge. My wife seldom has problems and
thought it would be ridiculous to pay $1,600 per year with maybe just
needing a flu shot. We had him for years and really liked him but find
our new doctors are better. There is an area shortage of gp's because
of their low reimbursements and loss of hospital privileges and many are
going concierge. We now see a doctor working in the hospital system but
visit is often with PA's who can do many things as well as the doctor.

Many years ago when we started with the old doctor he was complaining
about not seeing me but having to write referrals for me. Where I
worked, we had a medical facility and staff on site that gave us
complete physical exams every year. I was young and did not need to see
my doctor.

Things have changed a lot over the years. The era of the lone gp
working out of his office with just a nurse is practically gone. With
all the big private insurance firms and government health care like
medicare, plus all the burden of government regulations, it takes a big
conglomerate to handle today's environment.