Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Cracked soilpipe

On 10/02/2019 11:48:25, alan_m wrote:

Sods law - as I'm starting a fairly long list list of jobs that have to
be completed in the next 3 weeks I've noticed that the base of the (cast
iron) soil pipe was wet. On inspection there is a crack at the base.

http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/soilpipe/

Any suggestions for a temporary repair that may have to last 6 months.

The leak isn't that bad but I can foresee that as the weather get hotter
what comes out of the crack may start smelling.

One of the first things I'll do is to a small hole at the end of the
crack to stop it propagating upwards.

I'm wondering if a simple black flexible rubberised paint wouldn't be
the simplest solution. Using something Flashband makes it obvious it's
covering up a crack.