Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Another Smart meter grumble

How exactly does your smart phone get the data?

Does it read it directly from the meter infrastructure or does it go to
the supplier's web site?

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:39:08 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

I was told the new ones are the ones that can do the job properly, and
have updatable firmware. Not that I've been offered one since the
talking terminal has not yet come in in sufficient quantities
apparently.
I guess if you go for faster data, then you can monitor it via a smart
phone. For some reason they will not let you get the meter onto your
network and hence be easy to get at on computers and phones. Is this
perhaps a security issue, or more to do with trying to keep the
calculation of the money as a black art?
Brian

---