Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Cracked soilpipe

Tim+ Wrote in message:
alan_m wrote:

Sods law - as I'm starting a fairly long list list of jobs that have to
be completed in the next 3 weeks I've noticed that the base of the (cast
iron) soil pipe was wet. On inspection there is a crack at the base.

http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/soilpipe/

Any suggestions for a temporary repair that may have to last 6 months.

The leak isn't that bad but I can foresee that as the weather get hotter
what comes out of the crack may start smelling.

One of the first things I'll do is to a small hole at the end of the
crack to stop it propagating upwards.

When cast iron drainpipes get patched around here it looks like self
adhesive flashing band is popular.

Tim

Bit ott for 6 months?
--