Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Another Smart meter grumble

On 10/02/2019 11:43, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 11:15:15 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

In a urban area you might get down to 5 mins/meter (12/hour) for

one
of the "big six" or the supplier who was the original regional
company, but but not for all the other (50 odd?) smaller suppliers
with far lower "meter density".

My impression is that meter reading is done jointly for all the
suppliers. I don't know who runs the service or how it is paid for.

A given meter reading company (pretty sure there is more than one)
might read meters for more than one supplier but they only read the
meters that the supplier has asked them to. They don't just "walk
down the street" as used to happen in the old, single supplier, REC
days.

We have three supplies, normally from three different suppliers, they
all send their "own" meter reader(s). Currently two supplies are with
the same supplier but different accounts, I think we've had a seprate
reader for each account...

Also very many nugatory visits to households where no one answers, or
where the meter reader is refused entry.

--
Robin