Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Another Smart meter grumble

It only saves you money if you react to the real time readings of usage. I
do have misgivings about the elderly being frightened by the huge
consumption going on with some stuff, like heaters and cookers and putting
their health at risk because of it. There needs to be some education here I
feel.

I tell people who are getting one that its always been the way it looks on
the remote device, its just that its now more 'in your face' unless you are
a person who sits in their meter cupboard watching the disc going around and
the needles moving, a pursuit probably only marginally less boring that
current TV viewing these days.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/02/2019 15:04, David wrote:
I've booked my install because it is a requirement for the tariff I am
on.

Nearly at the end they ask if you want information collecting every 30
minutes, weekly or monthly (IIRC).

Well, if I'm going to get any value at all I might as well have enough
data to see daily trends.

Don't you have real time access to current consumption through your wizzy
remote gadget? What else would you expect to see?

Hang on, if I ask for 30 minute data capture I have to agree to EDF using
the information to offer me services to improve my energy usage. So
reversing the privacy options that I have selected.

I'm having data collected monthly.

Remind me again how this Smart meter is going to save me money?

It won't.

--
Max Demian