Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Another Smart meter grumble

On 09/02/2019 15:04, David wrote:
I've booked my install because it is a requirement for the tariff I am on.

Nearly at the end they ask if you want information collecting every 30
minutes, weekly or monthly (IIRC).

Well, if I'm going to get any value at all I might as well have enough
data to see daily trends.

Hang on, if I ask for 30 minute data capture I have to agree to EDF using
the information to offer me services to improve my energy usage. So
reversing the privacy options that I have selected.

I'm having data collected monthly.

Remind me again how this Smart meter is going to save me money?

The Government is making the energy suppliers roll out smart meters, and
imposes penalties if they fail.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-meter-penalty

So you are helping your supplier avoid this penalty which may reduce
their costs which they are likely wanting to pass on to you.

--
Michael Chare