Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

The money some CEOs make is the symptom of a much larger problem.
There are far fewer companies controlling far larger portions of the
marketplace. Perhaps a better measure of CEO pay would be the company
gross and market share.
People who control monopolies tend to make a lot of money. We haven't
really tried to do anything about monopolies since the Nixon
administration.

There are no current monopolys, just some very successful operations.

It is not a true monopoly,

And nothing like one given Linux which is free and Macs.

but Microsoft and the Windows is very
close to it for the desk top computers.

Nope, nowhere near it, with laptops too.

The other two are the Medical profession

Those arent a monopoly either. There is always 'traditional'
medicine, spivs and con men like homeopathy and herbalists
etc and faith healers etc.

and lawyers.

They arent a monopoly either, you are free to defend yourself if you
want to and do your own property transfers etc in most jurisdictions.

I found out that when I sold a house and bought another one
for cash that I had to have a lawyer do some of the paper work.

Not here you don't.

By Law I could not do it myself even if I knew how.

That's not common at all.

I can not just go to a drug store and get even simple
perscription medicine with out the doctor's paper work.

But you are free to cut off your own hand if you want to and
free to see if chanting 100 Hail Marys will fix you too. And no
one has a monopoly on providing medical services for profit,
there are a vast number competing to get your business.