Stormin Mormon

Default Help! Furnace not working!

Did you call a furnace guy for a clean and check? I mean, seeing as how the
stress is off, now it might be time to get the maintenance done.

Congrats on finding the one loose wire -- bet that feels good to have your
heat back on. Now get it cleaned out, motor oiled and all that. Be less
likely to break down again.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Gryhound" wrote in message
Ha! Mystery solved. A cheap fix too. I played detective for a
bit with a current sensor and found a loose connection. That
could have been a costly loose wire if I had to call in a furnace
guy at 9pm at night.

--
David P. Feyen Reply to: dfeyen at wi dot rr dot com
This life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an actual life,
"Ed Coyne" wrote in message
. ..
Does the fan turn on?

"Gryhound" wrote in message
My old GE ambassador mark II furnace suddenly went
out. It is a natural gas forced air furnace about 15 years old.
I just replaced the thermostat, but no luck. The furnace is getting
power, but when I turn it on, absolutely nothing happens. No spark,

no
click, nothing. I can hear the thermostat click, so I know it
is working. Any advice???? Its going be cold tonight...