Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Combination lock for outside door - is this Yale any good?

GB wrote:
On 07/02/2019 17:42, Chris Green wrote:
I want a simple 'no key' lock for a large garage door (one piece, so
lock next to wall, not in the middle of a pair of doors). *It doesn't
have to be incredibly secure*, what I'm after is something similar to
the push button mechanical lock we have on our stable door.

Any external bolt, like the one you linked to, is extremely easy to get
through with an angle grinder.

I got though a Chubb high security mortice lock on an outward opening
door in 3 minutes with the 9" angle grinder. That Yale bolt looks like
it would take only a few seconds.

That's true of all our garage doors anyway, the stable door is so
flimsy you'd only have to push hard and it would disintegrate. As I
said, I'm not after high security, just a way of not leaving it open
really, stop our own family etc.

So are there any non-external locks/bolts suitable for a garage door
with no-key locking?

--
Chris Green
ยท