Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default What does the panel make of this..

On 06/02/2019 13:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Nightjar wrote on 06/02/2019 :
Plenty of small businesses work from home.

Yes, but this one is claiming to be a rather big business and suggesting
it takes card payments. Check the about page as to how big they suggest
they are... None of it is backed up by facts, or is traceable to actual
companies that I could find.

They say they have a lot of web sites, but I don't see any specific
claims to being a large business. I work from home, on my own, and take
card payments. The card machine is a few feet from where I am sitting now.

If you check the company number at Companies House, it shows it to be
William Sharp Ltd, which is mentioned on the site, and they have been
trading since 2010. Doing an internet search on the post code throws up
a couple of other businesses operating from one of the neighbouring
properties at 2 Thistle Road.

I wouldn't consider there to be anything inherently suspicious about the
company, but if you are worried, don't buy from them. Use somebody with
an e-commerce site with payments going through somebody like Sage Pay or
one of the really big name companies.

Colin Bignell