Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Holford[_4_] Chris Holford[_4_] is offline

Default Old hardware store

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
There's a fantastic old hardware store just near me.
It has no Internet presence, but I just stumbled across
a Facebook video the BBC made a couple of years ago.
The most obscure thing I've bought from there are
replacement gas mantles for a 1910 gas lamp. When I
asked, somewhat jokingly, they came out with 3 boxes of
different sizes and one matched the holder perfectly.

Sorry it's a Facebook link, but I thought it was worth
sharing...

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSurrey/v...55251055345412

My local ironmongers is pretty good http://www.blythandwright.co.uk/
-an essential place to see if you are in North Norfolk

--
Chris Holford