Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Old hardware store

On 05/02/2019 20:39, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
There's a fantastic old hardware store just near me.
It has no Internet presence, but I just stumbled across
a Facebook video the BBC made a couple of years ago.
The most obscure thing I've bought from there are
replacement gas mantles for a 1910 gas lamp. When I
asked, somewhat jokingly, they came out with 3 boxes of
different sizes and one matched the holder perfectly.

Sorry it's a Facebook link, but I thought it was worth
sharing...

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSurrey/v...55251055345412

I know it well! One of my kids (and two grandchildren) live in Fleet.
Every time I go there I feel tempted to ask "Has Mr Gabriel been in today?".