Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default DIY chimney sweeping

Another John wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Another John wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yaluraxv

(That's a 232-character URL at Amazon, reduced by TinyURL.)

No need to use shortening services for amazon URLs, just chop the
unnecessary crap off after the ASIN id, so that

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079YPSK...=1&pd_rd_i=B07
9YPSKGH&pd_rd_w=jE9GN&pf_rd_p=8e5be0e3-b258-4b06-8b6e-695b24f935a4&pd_rd_wg=yI
Ebe&pf_rd_r=KBRNKMBZHZF7CBT4MYQN&pd_rd_r=4d3fe59a-27f3-11e9-8d9f-1198ada0eba1

becomes

https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B079YPSKGH

Eee well you live and learn! Thanks a lot for that Andy.

Re the rest of the discussion:

- Our woodstove is small, and fits into the original fireplace of this
60s house. Hence, not only is the aperture to the chimney very small,
but there is an immediate elbow or two above it. Traditional sweep
brushes will not fit (I know I can get smaller, but...); and
traditional rods will not manage the initial twists (I have some; I
tried them: too stiff).

Some similar problems in my house. Standard brush was too big so I just
trimmed the bristles. I also found it was a lot easier to pass the rods
through the chimney without the brush. Im lucky in the the chimney top is
easy to access so I push the rods up €śbackwards€ť and fit the brush to the
bottom and then seal up the fireplace. I can then sweep upwards from the
roof (much easier to pull a brush through a twisty chimney than push).

Dont know if any of these suggestions are helpful but you never know...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls