Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Wall mounting TV

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 4 Feb 2019 08:21:02 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 2/3/2019 11:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I originally posted about this a few weeks back.* Yesterday I finally
put up the mount and TV.

The TV is on an outside wall between two windows.* i wanted to screw
into studs so it is a couple of inches off center.* I could have easily
centered and put one side in a stud and the other side with plastic
anchors, but chose wood.

I have a 55" TV.* Some articles I read say the center of the screen
should be 61" from the floor.* Mine is 53" by choice.* Good view from my
recliner at that height.

Anyone that can use a drill, driver, pencil and level can put up the
bracket.* You really need a helper to hang the TV though.

After having the TV on a stand for years it seemed a bit high at first,
but after a few minutes, it was quite natural and easy on the eyes. Glad
I did it.

I really don't understand why people, especially the TV home shows, want
to put TVs above a fireplace.

Oh, Art, that's obvious. They put the TV above the fireplace so the
smoke can darken the screen and the heat can melt the transistors.

The other day I saw one that appeared
that the bottom was about 6' off the floor. My personal preference is
to look straight out from your viewing chair and that should be about
the center of the screen or slightly below. I know of a guy that put

I agree. OT Right now I'm working at my desk and my 14" TV is on a
dresser to my left. I can see it a bit even looking straight ahead.
There's a big white bottle of shampoo in front of it, instead of an
all-grey area, so I constantly keep thinking the TV is on.

his TV over the fireplace and eventually bought a special mount that let
him bring it down to a more comfortable position when not using the
fireplace.