Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Wall mounting TV

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I originally posted about this a few weeks back. Yesterday I finally
put up the mount and TV.

The TV is on an outside wall between two windows. i wanted to screw
into studs so it is a couple of inches off center. I could have
easily centered and put one side in a stud and the other side with
plastic anchors, but chose wood.

I have a 55" TV. Some articles I read say the center of the screen
should be 61" from the floor. Mine is 53" by choice. Good view from
my recliner at that height.

Anyone that can use a drill, driver, pencil and level can put up the
bracket. You really need a helper to hang the TV though.

After having the TV on a stand for years it seemed a bit high at
first, but after a few minutes, it was quite natural and easy on the
eyes. Glad I did it.

I don't like TV's at a height that you must look up to. That's one
reason I have avoided hanging the TV from the wall, but even more is
the wire management required in order to not look at a bunch of black
wires hanging down. How did you deal with that since this is an
outside wall and how much di you have to pay for new cables?