Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making Plywood: Then vs. Now

Nice memories. Northern Ca.
When I was a young man I'd go with Dad to hardware stores and such.
The local (town of 400) town had a lumber yard attached to the hardware
store and they
made plywood in the building behind. I could watch from the back dock
across a lot with
trucks moving and wood flying. It was some project. We bough lots of
ply there and most
were Marine type since they ran mostly Marine. Boat building... Some of
it lasts today.
He bought a nice belt sander and cut it all by hand saw.

Thanks for the nice video. The operation was like the first section -
but short cutting.
Martin

On 1/3/2019 9:06 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Not much has changed.