Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall mounting TV

I originally posted about this a few weeks back. Yesterday I finally
put up the mount and TV.

The TV is on an outside wall between two windows. i wanted to screw
into studs so it is a couple of inches off center. I could have easily
centered and put one side in a stud and the other side with plastic
anchors, but chose wood.

I have a 55" TV. Some articles I read say the center of the screen
should be 61" from the floor. Mine is 53" by choice. Good view from my
recliner at that height.

Anyone that can use a drill, driver, pencil and level can put up the
bracket. You really need a helper to hang the TV though.

After having the TV on a stand for years it seemed a bit high at first,
but after a few minutes, it was quite natural and easy on the eyes.
Glad I did it.