Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Garage doors for maximum height

Tricky Dicky wrote:
I have a roller door on my garage and the mechanism housing is 300mm tall
and protrudes inside by the same amount. The drop on the door is 2m which
I know for you is probably only half what you need but when rolled up there
is not much space in the housing maybe get another roll on it at a push.
At a guess to roll up say a 4m drop I would say you are looking at a housing
at least 400 X 400mm taking into account that as the roll circumference
increases more of the vertical drop is accounted for.

I only need a tiny bit over 2m, it's only a compact tractor! :-)

I have just on 300mm clearance inside above the door so yours would
probably work for me. What make is it?

--
Chris Green
ยท