Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cycles to hertz - when?

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 02:19:05 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 01/02/2019 22:38, Bob Eager wrote:

Ah, I see. I was a founder member of the College. I ended up being its
Master for 10 years. That's a sort of executive position covering
student welfare (e.g. emergency counselling, fixiung problems),
discipline (fining students or chucking them out of their
accommodation!) and entertaining important guests. The Darwin family
used to come to our dinners, and I got to know them quite well. I still
see one of them fairly often.

I'm genuinely impressed.

Hard work. On call 24/7 weekdays, 1 in 4 weekends. Dead students at 3
a.m. Firts one was 3 weeks after I started.

I didn't realise how stressful it was until I stopped.