Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 23:17:49 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , lid
says...

I'm uncertain what replaces it - switch cleaner? - since blasting grit
out of a timer that has sat behind an engine burning 20:80 oil:methanol
needs WD-40's penetrating oil properties but without the dried-on, sticky
water-repelling coat it leaves behind.

Try Kroil. That is often hard to come by. Maybe PB Blaster will work.

Even some home brew mix of Ed's Red.

Just my 2 cents, but I think PB Blaster is an excellent product for
loosening bolts and other automotive uses. Much better than WD40. I have
never used Kroil. Mostly cuz I never see it sold anywhere in auto parts
stores. But I heard it's good......

What is "Ed's Red"?

Watching a video or two, Liquid Wrench came out on top for nuts and bolts.

Greg