View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Old February 1st 19, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline
external usenet poster
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,209
Default what type of press is this?

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 06:11:16 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

It's some sort of press with a heavy wheel that spins back and forth and
presses on the work using a heavy screw.

No audio needed, just watch about 10 seconds

What's the history of these, any is it something uncommon in the US?

I'd call it a "rotary inertia" or "worm gear inertia" press and it
is not common in North America from what I've seen.