Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ggroups@chrisjdoran.plus.com is offline

Default need to power cycle modem remotely

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 8:02:47 PM UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Like a lot of other people with CCTV that can be viewed over the
internet, I need to remotely power cycle the modem now and then. Ideas?

Bill

Have you tried a new wallwart (if that's what powers it)? I find that the light-weight switch mode ones tend to go flakey after a while. In the case of my modem the symptom is that LAN connections between local computers etc. work fine but the internet connection keeps dropping out. My theory is that the modem needs the full 12v which the PSU struggles to provide but the router portion drops it to 5V through a stabiliser.

Chris