Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default need to power cycle modem remotely

On 28/01/2019 16:57, Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 11:52:53 +0000
Bill Wright wrote:

On 27/01/2019 20:16, Graham. wrote:

Consider changing you router for a more reliable one.

How do I know which is more reliable? How do I know the problem is
with the router?

Consider changing your ISP for a more reliable one.

How do I know which is more reliable? How do I know the problem is
with the ISP?

Power your router from a cheap time-switch that power cycles it at
3am whether it's needed or not.

That would work, but ideally I need to power cycle it as soon as it
stops working.

Ah, that seems easy - get a small computer (Raspberry Pi Zero) to ping
somewhere reliable like google.com, and if it fails for a few minutes
at a time it can operate a relay to interrupt power to the modem.

https://youtu.be/boMHq9PBy9M

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sonoff-S2...E/263808543030