Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Confirm switch wiring, please

On Sunday, 27 January 2019 18:56:59 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 05:40:06 +1100, "Steven" wrote:
"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...

The solution, rejection and a full recal.

A philosophy that has served me very well over the years and prevented
many serious failiures in my other jobs.

I have yet to see anything wrong with my approach.

Yes, you actually are that stupid. His setup does require 6
wires and clearly the yellow wire had come adrift and all
it needed was to put it back where it had come out of.

Some work is shoddy

At least you do seem to have a level of awareness.

Shoddy work can lead to unreliability and danger. There are acceptable
standards to any job, there are no excuses for not adhering to them.

I've encountered plenty of excuses for bad work. Have you not?

and potentially hazardous because of the location of the wiring I
recently found a lghting cable twisted together and insulated with
Silicone rubber. There were other problems with the same system so it
wasn't too much of a surprise. Removing the plasterboard ceiling to
find it wasn't with the intention of investigating the cable though,
it was for a totally different reason. My risk assessment of the
system did not conclude that removing a ceiling under a flat roof was
going to be worthwhile.

In his case there is nothing like that, just one terminal not fully screwed
in.

If it was a quality job, all the terminals would not be screwed in.

?

As only one terminal is unscrewed in the system, are we to assume that
Schrodingers pussy tipped the balance?

?

Quality job or not, every part of that circuit would be checked were I
to have responsibility for the property or work.

but you don't

The risks were low, but who's to know what load of flammables might
have been left in the recess.

Yeah, best to demolish the house and start again on a bare block of land.

What makes you say that? It's just exaggeration, which is another word
for lying.

it's called reductio ad absurdum.

Are you a Brexiter?

no relevance