E5I5O

Default Homes in General, one question and a few ideas

Ok so I asked one question earlier, and I have seen a lot of interesting
threads in this group! But I have to ask where can I find a list of supply
places online that list some things home related? Though I have to state I
am losing my current home I am not really that broken up by it! I am going
to turn my life around after a failed marriage in a house my wife want, and
"had to have", I am going to do things right this next time around! With
that said....here is my plans, first I am getting as far from the no jobs,
high prices and taxes of New York state as I can, then moving to a warmer
climate, perhaps North Carolina, South Carolina, may even one of the
Virginia's, or perhaps out more westerly. I know in my next house I want low
voltage or even fiber optic lighting or both, I want a very warm and highly
efficient heating system, that can maintain 80 degree room temperature
without the cold floors I experience in a mobile home my ex wife had to have
and stuck me with! Further I want a logical floor layout, nothing that is
too confining such as my grandmother's 60 year old home, and land big enough
for a large three bay garage, without a lot of slopes, and a huge creek
running through it! I also never again want to live in a valley on a main
road ever again! My home now includes these same problems, on summer days I
can hear the traffic flying by at speeds over 50 miles per hour, the road
run off is in my front yard, along with trash by passer's by. At 4:33 PM my
home is in the shadow of a hill making my home cooler at least an hour or
two later then sunset, and my driveway is so terribly blocked with ice and
snow run off from the road I can't drive into it most of the time with
getting stuck! In short I need a lot of changes in my home, this time
around! I want the home to be modern with charms of an older home, I want it
to be warm without paying the budget of NASA to light or heat! I want to be
able to landscape the thing to look nice, and yet have privacy for
entertaining my guests! In all perhaps I will be the neighbor of someone
here in this newsgroup, but either way I will be looking for some changes in
home thinking and remodeling! But I need infomation and I thank this group
for any help they may provide.

Sincerely, E5