Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Parts needed to restore Circular saw Skil 5275-05 Tool Gloat : Good Will score.

whit3rd on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 23:24:45 -0800 (PST)
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 9:29:24 PM UTC-8, pyotr filipivich wrote:
whit3rd on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:02:51 -0800 (PST)
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 5:50:57 PM UTC-8, pyotr filipivich wrote:

The first four digits of the serial number are the same for all those replacement
parts; but, the SAME PART is probably available by a different serial number
to 'repair' four or five similar saws.

Which explains why the three saws I have, all have different
flanges, blade bolts. I would imagine that RepairPartsOnLine.Com has
a vested interest in knowing which parts are cross compatible,

They posted the manufacturer's diagram/ list, not their own.

As may be as well.

OTOH:
Blade Bolt
Part Number: 1619X00935 *
*This part replaces obsolete part #: 2610353049, 2610346554 and
2610016657.

What irks me, is the lack of information. Is the bolt threaded
5/16 NF x 24tpi or the metric equivalent? (They are close, I checked
the bolt against the thread gauges.)

I was once a warranty agent for a manufacturer that had (? six)
different part numbers for the identical computer clock battery,
and different prices, too, but they all had the same battery-mfg logos
and battery-mfg part number. People have commonsense, companies don't.

Companies have "policies" because the "guy who knows that stuff"
isn't here/available to make exceptions. I worked a second hand
store, and realized that if they opened a second store, a lot of the
"way things get done" could not be done that way, because Bill or Dean
would not be "here" to make those decisions.

For anything under warranty, I had to order the 'correct' part, or not get reimbursed.

Yep. One reason that Army specifications get specific about
materials, even to brand names, is that the receiving officer very
often does not know what actually qualifies as "or equivalent."
--
pyotr filipivich