Posted to uk.d-i-y
Custos Custodum Custos Custodum is offline

Default Eternal server gone ?

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:43:05 +0000, Scott
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:04:15 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

The reader80.eternal-september.org seems to have been completely
inaccessible now, since around the 18th. Have they switched it off
permanently?

I cannot understand why anyone is still using this provider. Too mean
to pay 10 Euro per year? That's probably less than a cup of coffee
every three months. As my granny used to say, you get what you pay
for!

If you are lucky. For me, Usenet is purely a recreational/displacement
activity. On the rare occasions that there are problems with ES, I
simply find something else to do. The real mystery is why anyone would
want to use Google Groups, except as a last resort, when there are
free news providers and news clients out there which don't mangle your
formatting as GG does, and thread messages properly, which GG doesn't.