Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Parts needed to restore Circular saw Skil 5275-05 Tool Gloat

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 2:24:48 AM UTC-5, whit3rd wrote:
On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 9:29:24 PM UTC-8, pyotr filipivich wrote:
whit3rd on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 19:02:51 -0800 (PST)
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 5:50:57 PM UTC-8, pyotr filipivich wrote:

The first four digits of the serial number are the same for all those replacement
parts; but, the SAME PART is probably available by a different serial number
to 'repair' four or five similar saws.

Which explains why the three saws I have, all have different
flanges, blade bolts. I would imagine that RepairPartsOnLine.Com has
a vested interest in knowing which parts are cross compatible,

They posted the manufacturer's diagram/ list, not their own.
I was once a warranty agent for a manufacturer that had (? six)
different part numbers for the identical computer clock battery,g
and different prices, too, but they all had the same battery-mfg logos
and battery-mfg part number. People have commonsense, companies don't.

People make decisions, companies don't.

For anything under warranty, I had to order the 'correct' part, or not get reimbursed.