Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default RJ45 Cat5e plugs

On 24/01/2019 20:15, RobH wrote:
I have been looking for some of the Cat5e RJ45 plugs to terminate a
couple of lan cables.
I bought some 2 part plugs, but they were too wide and wouldn't go into
a standard RJ45 socket. I then bought some more RJ45 plugs , not 2 part
tho', and they were the same, too wide for the socket.

The ones I bought were from Amazon, and they had good reviews and write
ups, but not from me!

Any ideas as to what's going on with the said plugs, and I am no loath
to buy any more in case they are the same.

Sounds like you are trying to plug them into a socket that is not RJ45...

A RJ45 should be about 12mm wide, with 8 poles.

--
Cheers,

John.