Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default TP-LINK dongle

So this is one of those sticks plugged into the usb is it? Could it be that
it does not support the new bands used for wifi?
I found this with an old netgear stick I found. It will see my old router
but a new one, no, at least not until I fiddled with the settings to make it
operate at the lower frequencies.
Bah humbug. When did life get so complicated?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Trying to use a TP-Link Wi-Fi USB dongle with a Win7 desktop that doesn't
have Wi-Fi.

Software shows all my neighbour's signals - but not either of mine. Phone
beside the PC shows excellent strength. Moved the desktop to the same room
as my laptop which works fine - same thing.

System is BT infinity. Never had a problem getting any other WiFi device
to connect to it.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.