Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering[_3_] Just Wondering[_3_] is offline

Default Sanding Down Epoxy Gloss Coat

On 1/22/2019 1:26 PM, wrote:

I recently applied one coat of an Epoxy High Gloss coat to a floating kitchen island. I had just enough to cover the top so, instead of letting it pour over for smooth edges, I lined all the edges with painters tape. Got it as level as possible, but there are still edges that slope upward and, with the tape removed, have created a sharp edge that I would like to round out and smooth down.

I was thinking just sanding it down, but am looking for any advice I can get. After the corners are smooth I want them to be shiny again so please let me know where you think I should go from here, thanks.

Use wet-or-dry paper, this sort of stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/Sandpaper-Fur... 2C179&sr=8-5

Knock off the sloped edges with 220 grit paper, then go over
the sanded part with increasingly finer grits. Use water with
the paper. By about 800 to 1200 grit, your edges should be shiny again.