Andy Hall

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:04:11 +0000, JB wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:29:44 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

My own experience, one winter when the boiler failed was disappointing
when I called them. They were not able to send anybody for five
days. I asked them why and they said that they were experiencing a
lot of staffing problems and were prioritising vulnerable people like
the elderly and families with small children.

On Sunday, I was staying at my girlfriend's parents. Central Heating
went wrong (nothing obvious), so they called the BG breakdown care.

Lots of 'It may be a couple of days before we get to you' until the
girlfriend's mother mentioned that she was elderly and that her
husband suffered from a couple of serious conditions.

BG turned up before lunch.

Afterwards my girlfriend's mother asked if we had the BG breakdown
cover. She understood why we didn't, when I pointed out that as we
couldn't play a 'magic' elderly, infirm, children, etc card, we would
be waiting for BG until the middle of the following week, if we were
lucky.

JB

I suppose that one can always lie, and ancient granny can be tucked up
in bed because of the cold, away from the eyes of the fitter when he
shows up. However, it isn't really the point. They should
provision so that you get the service legitimately before lunchtime as
well.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl