Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Light switch is stiff.

Personally I'd replace them. It of course depends on whether you have one of
those persons in the house who polishes everything with spray polish. that
stuff gets in and gums up the works big time. No don't use Graphite, use
wd40 first, and if the problem persists and they are the plastic kind its
probably worn.
I used to find the very old round sighed MK ones succumbed to this a lot.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ss" wrote in message
I have a couple of wall light switches that are stiff (rocker type), is it
worth or safe to spray the mechanism with say graphite lubricant or a case
of just replace them.