Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Light switch is stiff.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 23:53:30 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

ss wrote:

I have a couple of wall light switches that are stiff (rocker type), is
it worth or safe to spray the mechanism with say graphite lubricant or a
case of just replace them.

I'd try a bit of silicone spray, but it is probably bent or worn little
pieces of metal or the plastic they bear on (rather than increased
friction due to dirt etc) so if it wasn't cured I'd replace it.

Not quite as cheap as a squirt of silicone, but if you have to buy a
can in:

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-10A-...White/p/710016

AB