Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Super Material

On 21/01/2019 10:02, FMurtz wrote:

everybody can waffle all they like about this thing an that,but until
you try one you will never know.
As an exercise ask anyone who who has one (except Rod Â* )
If any poster who has one and does not agree please post (except Rod)Â*

I have one. It works well on jars where the vacuum is so strong that you
cannot turn the lid. Just place the tool under the lip of the lid and
apply a very gentle upwards pressure. The lid "pops" slightly - remove
the tool and the lid turns with ease.

It does exactly what is shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPsPTE1Sss

The tool doesn't work on jars with very deep lids because it cannot
mechanically fit on something so deep. These jars are however in the
minority - I've only come across one in the past couple of years.