Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Valve stem rotates

On 01/19/2019 02:59 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Valve stems are brass while metal caps are aluminum (IIRC) therefore
corrosion takes place. Use a plastic cap or anti-seize. IDK if silicone
grease will work.

I'm too lazy to go wandering around in the dark with a magnet but I
believe these are steel:

https://shop.slime.com/collections/t...over-valve-cap

I have gotten similar plastic caps on prefilled Slime tubes so they must
be available someplace. I've got to say that for all the vehicular
annoyances I've encountered in the past 60 years or so, having a valve
stem cap seized to the valve stem hasn't been one of them. Maybe it has
something to do with checking the tire pressure more than every other year.