PJx

Default plastic or copper plumbing?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:54:00 GMT, Alan wrote:

A builder I know is offering a choice of plastic or copper plumbing in
new home construction. He recommends plastic as he says it is
quieter. He charges the same for either one. Anything else to
consider?

I have 3/4 and 1/2 in copper running all over my attic of my 20 year
old home.. About 14 years ago, it got down to sub 10 degree weather
for a few days and busted about 6 different spots on that copper
tubing. Maybe if the copper had been thicker, it wouldn't have
happened. Maybe if it had been bust resistant plastic .....

I still don't know which I would choose.

PJ