Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Wifi Projector

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:38:46 -0000 (UTC), pinnerite
wrote:

A new "wire-less" projector with a longer throw would mean
it could be further back from the screen (and the viewers) and mounted on
a firm table rather the stand hitherto employed.

Possibly a shorter throw to bring the projector closer to the screen
and clear of the front line of the audience might be more
appropriate. This would allow you to put both the laptop and
projector on a standard table.

Position the laptop so the screen faces the lecturer (so they can see
what is being projected rather than constantly turning to see the
screen). It also minimises the problem of people walking around the
projector when going to their seating. On a flimsy projector stand
the risk of being knocked over is high, on a table much less so.

The more robust table along with no need to have any cable except the
power to the table makes for a much more secure environment.

I've done hundreds of presentations with this configuration a normal
table and have never had problems in any of the village halls, church
halls, huts or whatever I've had to use. Setting the projector at
table height also means it isn't blocking the view of any of the
audience. All LCD/DLP projectors easily cope with keyhole correction
so they can live below the centre line of the projector.