Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 09:54:40 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:
snip

It is a way of advertising that "Thick People Live Here".

Along with the 60" TV box stood outside their houses in one piece.

I once managed
to get a Micra Tailgate into a bin and have also managed a dishwasher.

LOL!

Many
struggle to cope with a cardboard box.

So it seems. The worst I have seen was a complete near Eurobin sized
cardboard box upside down inside the Eurobin for cardboard recycling,
outside the Council Offices. I pulled it out, turned it over and put
all my cardboard inside it.

I also understand the local council have also given up on bundling up
plastic bottles for recycling because of just how much unwanted
plastic is put with the wanted.

So whereas they used to get a good price per truckload of 'quality'
plastic they now get next to nothing for a load of polluted stuff,
simply because they don't have the staff to do what the households
should do (properly) in the first place. ;-(

I think someone from every household should be expected to visit the
local recycling / incinerator / landfill sites before they get given a
bin. ;-)

Cheers, T i m