Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

When out walking the fog it never fails to amaze us how many people
really don't get the whole refuse / recycling thing. Bins overflowing
with the lid open (they often won't collect such). Smaller plastics
box overfilled with non-crushed large coke bottles or cans. Non
flattened cardboard boxes stood by the cardboard bin.

A bugbear is people putting their (non green) rubbish in our green
bin. OK, I'm glad they make the effort rather than just dropping it on
the ground but that means we have to fish their rubbish out of an
often otherwise empty (so deep) wheely bin to put it in the right
place. ;-(

I wonder how many here clear litter from the street near our homes
(between any Council cleaners)? A few of us round here do, 1) because
it looks untidy and 2) if you don't it seems to invite others to add
to it? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

It is a way of advertising that "Thick People Live Here". I once managed
to get a Micra Tailgate into a bin and have also managed a dishwasher. Many
struggle to cope with a cardboard box.