Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Wifi Projector

pinnerite wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 21:01:03 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

How big is the image projected?
I'd have thought a large screen tv might have been better these days.
Projectors eat tubes and they are incresingly hard to get, and the lcd
ones
apparently have other issues due to heat.
Brian

Get a big cheap TV and wall mount it. Perhaps get two / three, etc

We hire a room, arrive by car, put out the chairs and a few tables, set
up the folding projection screen mount the project about two to three
metres from the 1.6 metre (diag) screen with power and data laying on the
floor between close -packed seats.

The prospect of squeezing a large screen TV in and out of a family car
once each week does not fill me with enthusiasm.

Just took delivery of some lay-flat trunking before the old projector was
knocked over. A new "wire-less" projector with a longer throw would mean
it could be further back from the screen (and the viewers) and mounted on
a firm table rather the stand hitherto employed.

Similarly, a spare wireless router would be a good idea but it means
finding a suitable location, power to it etc.

I wondered if the laptop with a plug in aerial could be programmed to
link with a wifi enabled projector.

Or a phone as a wi fi hotspot somehow.

It looks like a should try elsewhere.

Thanks anyway,