JB

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:29:44 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

My own experience, one winter when the boiler failed was disappointing
when I called them. They were not able to send anybody for five
days. I asked them why and they said that they were experiencing a
lot of staffing problems and were prioritising vulnerable people like
the elderly and families with small children.

On Sunday, I was staying at my girlfriend's parents. Central Heating
went wrong (nothing obvious), so they called the BG breakdown care.

Lots of 'It may be a couple of days before we get to you' until the
girlfriend's mother mentioned that she was elderly and that her
husband suffered from a couple of serious conditions.

BG turned up before lunch.

Afterwards my girlfriend's mother asked if we had the BG breakdown
cover. She understood why we didn't, when I pointed out that as we
couldn't play a 'magic' elderly, infirm, children, etc card, we would
be waiting for BG until the middle of the following week, if we were
lucky.

JB