Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

On 17/01/2019 14:11, R D S wrote:
On 17/01/2019 13:40, michael adams wrote:

But in this instance, all the OP need do is to inform the Council.

All? You've plainly never phoned our council.

Anyway curiosity got the better of me and I have my answer.
It turns out our council want to come and collect old unused bins, they
will call me back to make an appointment!

The **** they claim to have no money for but they'll arrange
appointments to drive around collecting battered old bins.

The mind boggles!

Ours supplies compostable bags for their food waste collections. They
used to carry a supply on the bin wagon and when you were running low,
you indicated that you needed more by tying one to the bin handle on bin
day and they'd leave a roll by the bin.

Now you have to phone them or use their website and they have them
delivered by courier or send out a van!!!

SteveW