Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wifi Projector

On 17/01/2019 18:55, pinnerite wrote:
The projector of our local philosophy group has been smashed.

The leads though frequently caused near-accidents, so it was thought a
wireless-based replacement might be a good idea.

Unless it is battery powered there are always going to be power leads.
You need to pay more attention to health and safety trip hazards.

Wifi enabled projectors are available but the problem is how to link them
to the laptop that is intended to drive it if we have no hub?

Cheapest simple option is probably a Mifi device.

Can we turn the laptop unto a wifi hub for this purpose?

You might be able to but it involves error prone incantations.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-0abf10ed2039

And you will have to do this to each laptop you want to connect with the
projector - more of a challenge might be getting the projector to work.

I used to do it in the bad old days with a physical ethernet cross over
cable kept for the purpose which was purple to avoid confusion.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown