Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

"michael adams" Wrote in message:

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"michael adams" Wrote in message:

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Ask the council if they want them, if they are undamaged
and belong to you,

An excellent point Brian, perhaps m'lud michael would care to
consider the situation where, having had the first bin(s) stolen,
the ones in question were purchased by the homeowner.

Name one Local Authority in the UK where homeowners are required
to purchase replacement wheelie bins in the event of their
reporting their own bin having been lost or stolen ? Rather than
replacements being provided free of charge.

York

Fair enough; I stand corrected.

Indeed.

So that in the case of the OP, if he remembers having paid his local
authority the full cost* of the three replacement bins, then he can
safely dump them in the skip.

What if the previous owners bought them & left them when they moved?

But if that were the case then I somehow doubt he would have needed
to ask the question in the first place. Or are you going to argue about
that, as well ?

Arguing? Merely correcting your wafty
assumptions m'lud...

*Some local authorities do simply charge an administation fee; in
which case, unlike with York the bin remains the Council's property.

No example I note... BICBA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----