Posted to rec.woodworking

Default heating an 10x16 shop space.

Keith Nuttle on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 09:14:45
-0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

I suggested the heat pump because it's safe and effective to
both heat and cool.* I have one in a room and it works quite well.

My wood shop is mostly a hobby that I don't pursue too much
in the winter.* Being cheap, when I want to heat my shop I
use a propane heater something like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/000-Variable-...8-3&ref=sr_1_3

But in the back of my mind I worry a little about CO and
wood dust fires.

A heat pump would work but depends on where the person who asked the
question lives, and when he works in the shop.

If he lives where winter temperature only get into the 20's a heat pump
would work, especially if he works in the shop in the day and early
evening. If he works in the shop late, or if he works some where the
temperature never get above 20, then he probably will not be happy with
the results of a heat pump

If it gets into the 20's around here, we declare a winter
emergency, and start burning the furniture. While it does freeze
around here, it usually thaws out during the day. Usually; I have
seen frost in the shade build up for two or three days, before the
rain washes it away.
"And then there was the Great Snow of ought eight, when we had a
foot of snow and freezing temperatures for two whole weeks!"
Seattle would collapse into further anarchy were that to happen
today.
--
pyotr filipivich